Monday, March 4, 2013

Tianmen Square, Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace

Finally on a warm and sunny day, we all visited the famous landmarks of China. The places that I've only seen in movies and read in books were finally made a reality. That day was filled with nothing but positive energy and excitement! Even though I dropped my camera at the Forbidden City (the lens is broken). At least it's a great story though..."Oh one of the most wonderful memories was when I dropped and broke my camera at the Forbidden City. I was so struck by the majestic place."

Funny situation! My program has two African-Americans (including myself), one Hispanic, and the rest Asian and Caucasian. The minorities were basically the main attraction! Strangers were either staring or snapping pictures of us. Random strangers were also sneaking up beside us to get a picture or kindly asking by flashing a smile. Parents were encouraging their kids to take pictures with the obvious foreigners too! It's safe to say that we were all celebrities that day. I BET that the strangers are saying "Oh yeah I have lots of foreign friends. We visited Tianmen Square together. Look at our pictures." Either that or our faces will appear on Facebook tagged with a random American name.

Ahh so fascinating!


Welcome to Beijing!








Tianmen Square


FIERCE!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment