Monday, March 4, 2013

Chinese Food Equals Endless Varieties!


I don’t think I will ever starve here in China. The food is very unfamiliar but delicious at the same time. In the campus cafeterias, I can get a meal so cheap for 10rmb which is less than 5 dollars. I put everything on my meal card that UCD supplied everyone. There’s also a western-styled restaurant in case I need my American food fix.

I did however get sick at the boy’s dorm cafeteria. That day I ate lunch with a friend that introduced me to a hip-hop dancer. I am still not sure what we ate, but it tore my stomach up in class. Thankfully that was the only sick experience I’ve had here so far.

I love food and it brings people together. However, I’m starting to dislike eating with the guys in my program. They just order a bunch of meat and nothing else most of the time. I’m more aggressive in ordering food now, but it was bad. I ate so much meat in one week that I stayed clear from meet for a few days and ate nothing but tofu and vegetables. 

Going into my second week in China, I am slowily but surely getting use to eating Chinese food all day and everyday. There is so much variety that I just need to try all I can. Chinese food rarely disappoints me with satisfaction or fulfillment. Bottom-line, Chinese food rocks!

There pictures were taken on the last night of the Chinese New Year. So we all stuffed ourselves like never before!


Dinner with the Program

Chinese Hot Pot!

Yanjing, the only beer I've seen in Beijing

No comments:

Post a Comment