Saturday, March 10, 2012

There IS Hip-hop in Korea!

Korean hip-hop is awesome! People assume I came for k-pop, but when I tell them that I'm interested in k-hip-hop they don't know what to say. It's quite funny! I went to my first hip-hop concert.

Holiday 1 Concert in Hongdae at V-Hall~~ Tickets were $38,000 won ($36), and the concert was held in Hongdae. I went with three female friends, and we are all foreigners. When we bought our tickets, we got a discount (I assume it was a foreigner discount). But I'm grateful!

Anyways, we walked into the door and the stage was right there! Seriously! We were thinking "oh let's just stay right here where we can see." WRONG. These Korean high school looking fan girls told us to move to the back because they were there first. Usually people just stood wherever they wanted if the tickets didn't have seat numbers.I didn't care, so we politely moved to the back.

Actually, we ended up winning at the end of the night. The rappers look out in the crowd, and not down close to the stage. Yep, the rappers noticed us easily! A few stared and another pointed and smiled! We all had the time of our lives!

Here is a list of the rappers we saw: Dok2, The Quiett, Beenzino, Geeks, Ugly Duck, B-Free, Andup, Zion t., Rhyme-A-, Palaoto, Ggangmo and a few others I don't remember~ Sorry. But the performances were hype!







No comments:

Post a Comment