Sunday, June 17, 2012

Last Weekend in Korea

To spend off the last weekend in Korea, I visited my friend from my home university in her home town 전주 (Jeonju). It was a long bus ride, but totally worth it! I finally got a chance to see a familiar face from Colorado ^^.

For starters, went to go see Madagascar (all in Korean btw), but there was a long wait for the movie. So to kill time and build memories, we took a bunch of sticker photos! Lol!
After the movie, we went on a ride called Disco Pang Pang. This ride is only available in certain spots in Korea. It spins around and shakes you~ violently!! And the operator of this ride, oh don't get me started! All he does is operate the machine and make fun of the riders. In other words, he gets paid to poke fun. Since I was obviously the only foreigner, guess what?! I was a target! Accept for he is the worst trash talker I've ever encountered. Like I'd wish he would have tried harder. All he was saying was that I had hairy armpits and my hair looks like a chicken. HA good thing I can laugh at myself easily! The second time we rode the ride, be had the nerve to ask for a picture together. After the ride was over, I really didn't feel like it. Haha so we zoomed right out!




After many bruises and soreness from the ride, we took a walk through a traditional village on Jeonju. Actually, it's the same place I stayed at when I visited with CIEE early on in the semester.


 


우린 너무 배고팠어. We both were very hungry, so we spent time walking around a local uni (forgot the name).  We finally found a place to eat, and it was super delicious!! I don't remember the name of what we ate, but it had cheese! And I love cheese!!!



To end of a fun but exhausting night, I went back to my friend's home to rest. I met her family, and it was the first time I've ever been in an actual Korean household. Her family was extremely nice and humble, and the house felt like home. 

Shout-outs to one of my best friends right here. She's one of the main people who properly prepared me to come to Korea. Plus, she looked out for me the entire time. There were many new experiences on that last weekend, and I had the time of my life! 고마워 girl! ^^





No comments:

Post a Comment