Thursday, February 16, 2012

Plastic Surgery is NOT a Big Deal

If you go to South Korea, don't be surprised if plastic surgery comes up in your everyday life. I mean conversations, jokes, advertisements, entertainment, etc. Now this may seem similar to the U.S., but it's much more common. For example, it is used as a graduation present from parents or grandparents. As a matter of fact, I have a story that relates to this topic.

My friends and I were hanging out with a few korean men and he asked me to guess their age., and I said 25 years old. He told me that he is 30 years old and that I need to get my eyes checked. Usually people see that as a compliment you know. But he then said I needed to get plastic surgery on them to make them wider. Even though I knew he didn't mean any harm, it still offended me! Of course you can understand. I'm not use to being in a country where plastic surgery is considered easy as putting on make-up.

Ads in all subway stations and trains

I guess at the end of the day individuality is key. Beauty is attitude. Point made.

No comments:

Post a Comment